Pastor Florin and Jennie Docea have been married since 1995. They live in the Town of Lisbon, only a couple of miles from where Jennie grew up. Over the years, they’ve served in several ministries and have led an international missions group. Both Jennie and Florin love the outdoors. Florin enjoys splitting wood and hiking, and Jennie loves running and gardening. Pastor Florin is an MBA graduate, has a masters in theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL, and a doctorate of ministry from Bethel University in St. Paul, MN. They have 4 grown children and are enjoying this new stage of parenting…parenting adult children!
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
- We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love.
- We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of all people, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, miracles, and teachings.
- We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation.
- We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head, and all regenerated persons are members.
- We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship.
- We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- We believe that Christians should live for the glory of God and the well-being of others; that their conduct should be blameless before the world; that they should be faithful stewards of their possessions; and that they should seek to realize for themselves and others the full stature of maturity in Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water into the name of the triune God.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death.
- We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
- We believe that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another whenever possible.
- We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.