Agape Practice Group
The goal of the practice group is to increase biblical knowledge of each participant, apply it to their modern-day context, and form new life-transforming habits.
We currently meet every Thursday. The Practice Group is time-boxed to one hour. We currently meet via Zoom starting at 6:45PM. If you are interested in meeting in-person (Waukesha) please contact Chris for more information.
- Who wrote the book?
- What do we know about the author?
- What genre is the book?
- What do we know about the book (the cultural, social, political context in which it was written)?
- Why was the book written?
Understanding – This helps us understand the text in context.
- What is the main point of the passage?
- Why is the author making it?
- What does the passage tell us about God?
- What does the passage tell us about humanity in general?
- What does the passage say about us (humanity-specific)?
Application – This helps us live right; i.e. live according to what God intended.
- Given your discovery and understanding of the text, what does right-living look like? What does it mean to live right?
- What stands in your way (our way) from living that way?
- What is one specific (small) step that you can take to be closer to the right-living that God intended?
Sharing – This creates new habits in our own lives and helps others discover a deeper relationship with God and others.
- During discovery, understanding, and application, we share our knowledge and insights. This is the baseline from which we turn outward.
- Based on your discovery, understanding, and application of the text, what could and should be shared with others?
- Who do you know that could specifically benefit from something listed in the previous question?
- How might you be able to share it? (Imagine yourself sharing, how would you do it?)