Volunteer Work Day at the old St. Mary’s church property.
Saturday July 10th, from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
What to Bring: work gloves. PPE if you have it (hard hat, eye protection, masks, protective suits, etc.); hammer, crowbar, pliers, screwdrivers; bring a friend.
Work Overview: The goal is to finish the clean-up process on the Main Floor and start on the basement. Wing Three, our mold mitigation company, will be onsite to prep the downstairs area. All workers and volunteers will be asked to wear masks with ventilators, eye protection, hard hats, and protective suits. Please bring your own PPE if you have it. We will have a limited quantity of PPE that we can provide.
Main Floor Work:
– Rip out old carpet (we will have a large dumpster outside)
– Move furniture
– Throw away garbage
– Disassemble risers in the balcony
– Remove broken ceiling tiles
– And more…
– remove ceiling tiles
– remove old particle board
– clean up debris
– move furniture
Please Keep In Mind the Following:
* All workers and volunteers will be required to sign a liability waver (attached here). This is similar to the wavers used by Habitat for Humanity and other non-profits.
* We want everyone to be safe during the restoration; If you are susceptible to mold or dust, and believe you will experience adverse effects, please consider helping at future events.
* The main focus in July will be clean-up, mold mitigation, and demo. The current plan is that every Saturday after the 4th of July celebration will be a “Work Saturday.” More details will be shared by email and on social media.